This study will take a look at the infrastructure for community engagement and will access the current state, including what is working well, identify gaps and recommend a practical plan for improvement. It is an unwieldy topic and the steering committee has narrowed the scope (but not yet limited it) to include the following topics:
• A History of Community Engagement in CNY
• People who are engaged and disengaged – who is and isn’t and why and why not?
• Civic Engagement Organizations – who’s doing it and how do they do it?
• Government and Community Engagement – How do municipalities engage the public?
• The Private Sector and Community Engagement – Who’s strategic and what are the benefits of engaging vs the ramifications of not.
• Media and Community Engagement – How does the changing role of media impact community engagement?
• What other communities are doing